Friday 10 September 2010

Soneto de Fidelidade (Sonnet on Faithfulness)

De tudo ao meu amor serei atento
(I will be attentive to my love in everything)
Antes, e com tal zelo, e sempre, e tanto
(First and foremost, and always and with so much caring)
Que mesmo em face do maior encanto
(That even faced with the greatest fascination)
Dele se encante mais meu pensamento.
(It will be thy love captivating my attention.)

Quero vivê-lo em cada vão momento
(I want to feel love in each vain moment in my life)
E em seu louvor hei de espalhar meu canto
(And in praising love, my chant will spread far and wide)
E rir meu riso e derramar meu pranto
(And I will laugh my best laugh and shed my tears)
Ao seu pesar ou seu contentamento.
(According to my love’s sorrow or delight)

E assim, quando mais tarde me procure
(And when, later on, there comes in search of me)
Quem sabe a morte, angústia de quem vive
(Either death, the anxiety of the living ones)
Quem sabe a solidão, fim de quem ama
(Or loneliness, the end of the loving ones)

Eu possa me dizer do amor (que tive):
(I can tell myself about the love (I had at one time)
Que não seja imortal, posto que é chama
(Let it not be immortal, since it is flame)
Mas que seja infinito enquanto dure.
(But let it be infinite while lasting through time)

Vinícius de Moraes

No comments: